Wednesday, December 30, 2009

BB Couture For Nails Disco Ball Collection Swatches


As promised : BB Couture - Disco Ball Swatches! I love these polishes!

Hustle - OMG! This is my absolute favorite from this collection. Save the best for last? Not this time! This is sooooo pretty! It is a cement gray with a warm silver shimmer...if that makes sense. Maybe a pale gold? It's warmer than silver, but it's not yellow gold. Maybe a soft, neutral gold? Pewter?! I don't know, but it's friggin great.

Dancing Queen - This is a soft bronze metallic with shimmer. Very minimal brushstrokes, and very very pretty.

Studio 54 - Green lovers, get this! This is a gorgeous jewel green with sparse green micro glitter. My camera always takes away the magic in greens this shade. It is a bit prettier in real life.

Disco Ball - Silver mettalic with silver glitter and holographic bar glitter. It looks weird and lumpy in my swatch, dispite using top coat, but it doesn't look so bad in real life. I think looking at it zoomed in all big is a bad idea.

Disco Lady - Vivid medium blue with sparse blue micro glitter. I love this! I love a vivid blue. It looks much more electric in the swatch than in real life though.

The formula of these is the usual smooth, 2-coater that I love from BB Couture and all swatches were 2 coats, except for Disco Ball which needed 3. Nothing unusual to report.

BB Couture has decreased their bottle size, however, from 0.6 oz to 0.5 oz. With that change I was crossing my fingers for a change in brush, but it is still the same skinny little brush.

Overall: Bomb collection! Gray, blue, green! Bar glitter, holo, non-brustrokey metallic?! Awesome.

7 comments:

  1. Just FYI, the change in bottle is just because they can no longer get the larger size. The manufacturer has stopped making them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that first one was a light mint green!! The blue one is the best of the bunch, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice colours! Studio 54 is a lovely shade of green

    ReplyDelete
  4. Studio 54 and Disco Lady look like must haves! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm quite drawn to the green one... thanks for the info.

    happy New year

    ReplyDelete